Technical Writing, Documentation, and Classroom Content
- Do you need an extra hand writing course materials for in-house training?
- Could you use a different set of eyes to test course lab materials?
- Would you like to add recorded demos to your materials?
- Do you need technical reviewers for certification scenarios or exam pilots?
Our Lead Consultant has over 20 years of experience working with a variety of network and operating system certification programs. We have taken exams, evaluated pilot exams, and written exam questions and scenarios. We have developed and delivered hands on, lab based training designed to teach the same objectives as certification exams with the goal of teach the skills needed to perform a job and not just teach "the exam". We have recommended training programs for those interested in professional certifications. Content has been written in XML markup languages, wikis, google slides, LibreOffice, and text documents. Hands on labs have included setup and catchup scripts to ease the transition from one exercise to the next.
Lauber System Solutions has contributed to a variety of products with Red Hat, Inc. (Red Hat, Inc. retains all rights to the content developed and all recorded videos).
- Our owner and president, Susan Lauber, is listed as one of several authors for the 2014 update to the Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) course using RHEL 7.0. Some of that same material is also used in the RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH199). In addition to the technical writing and development of labs based around components of RHEL, the project utilized skills working with svn, DocBook, Publican, and recordmydesktop.
- Susan Lauber is also the face of several of the Red Hat Training Video Courses. Red Hat provided the studio and post production teams to produce a body of work which, along with InfoPro Learning, was co-awarded Bronze for "Best Use of Video for Learning" from Brandon Hall's 2017 Group Excellence in Learning award program. Previews of these courses can be found in the Red Hat YouTube channel. Lauber System Solutions was specifically involved in the following presentations:
- Red Hat Gluster Storage Administration (RH236VC) 2017 edition
- Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403VC) 2017 edition
- Automation with Ansible I (DO407VC) 2016 edition
Other projects include:
- Cloudera University certification and courseware contributions.
- Pearson Education classroom lab supplement to A Practical Guide to Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux by Mark Sobell for use by technical schools.
- Convergys (DigitalThink) online training content development covering Red Hat Enterprise 4.
- Durham Technical Community College corporate education department course content and delivery based off of existing books often used in college courses.